Penne with Chicken and White Wine Sauce
Can you believe it's September already? Where has the time gone?
Summer isn't over yet, at least for me it isn't. I have one month left of vacation.
For those whose summer is over, I hope to cheer you up with a delicious pasta dish :)
Ingredients-1. ~1kg Chicken Thighs
2. 1 Handful of Spinach Leaves
3. 2 Small Carrots
4. 1 Green Pepper
5. 1 Onion
6. 1/2 Head of Garlic
7. 2 tbsp. Italian Dressing
8. 1 tsp. Paprika
9. 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
12. ~500ml 12% Sour Cream
13. 1 Cup of White Wine
14. 2 Boxes of Barilla Penne Pasta
15. 1 Handful of Freshly Chopped Parsley
Instructions-1. Marinate chicken with Italian dressing, seasoning, paprika, salt and/or Vegeta and pepper to taste.
2. Set in the fridge for at least an hour, you may omit this step.
3. Prepare vegetables. Finely chop onion and garlic. Dice green peppers and carrots.
4. Preheat large sauce pan. You may add oil if necessary.
5. Cook chicken until juice is released. Add onion and cook until translucent.
6. Add salt and remaining vegetables (garlic, green peppers, and carrots).
7. Add white wine and cook on low-medium heat, covered with a lid for about twenty minutes.
8. Taste vegetables and when they are semi-soft, add sour cream. Season sauce to taste.
9. Add fresh chopped parsley and stir. Cook on high heat until sour cream thickens.
10. Add spinach in the last few minutes of cooking.
11. Cook penne according to package instructions. Serve when hot and fresh!