Spaghetti with Chicken & Vegetable Cream Sauce
1. ~350g Chicken Breasts
2. 8 Mushrooms
3. 1 Medium Carrot
4. 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
5. 3 Spring Onions
6. Fresh Parsley
7. Spaghetti Pasta
10. 2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
11. 1 Teaspoon Dried Garlic
12. 2 Teaspoons Herbes de Provence Spice Mix (Basil, Thyme, Fennel, Savory, Oregano)
13. 200ml 18% Sour Cream
14. 3 Teaspoons White Flour
15. 2 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
Instructions-1. Clean chicken breasts and remove excess fat/skin. Cut into small strips.
2. Marinate chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar and mix the chicken pieces.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of dried garlic and 1 teaspoon of herbs.
5. Add 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil.
6. Mix chicken with spoon or use hands to evenly coat chicken with marinade.
7. Cover chicken and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
8. After 1 hour has passed, wash and clean vegetables.
9. Finely chop the red bell pepper and carrot into small cubes, and slice the mushrooms.
10. Finely chop spring onions.
11. Preheat non-stick skillet without addition of oil.
12. When the pan is hot, add marinated chicken. Brown the chicken and then lower the heat.
13. When the chicken starts to release its juices, create an open center in the middle of the pan.
14. Add spring onions and stir, and then add the remaining vegetables. Stir occasionally.
15. If your skillet is small, you may want to transfer your contents into a sauce pot at this step.
16. Add enough water to barely cover the contents of the pot. Simmer on low heat for about 15-20mins.
17. Taste the sauce, add salt and check if carrots are soft. Once they seem cooked, boil water for the pasta.
18. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
19. Before the pasta is cooked, 5 minutes before, remove the sauce from heat and uncover.
20. Drain the pasta. Mix 3 teaspoons of flour with 200ml of sour cream. Mix very well.
21. Add this mixture to the sauce and mix quickly. Return the sauce to a boil, stirring frequently.
22. The sauce will thicken in consistency quickly, therefore, adjust thickness to your preference.
23. Finely chop fresh parsley and add an entire handful to the sauce. Stir.
24. Serve spaghetti pasta with chicken cream sauce. Garnish with parsley.